Tuesday, June 17, 2008

NKOTB - WTF?

I try to stay out of touch with the whole Hollywood gossipmedia thing....it's all garbage to me. But I've heard rumors and have read a few articles that NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) are coming back, and it definitely caught my attention. After doing some looking online, sure enough, they have an upcoming album release and tour. My first reaction....WTF??!!! This followed by a good session of laughter, especially when I saw their website, and of course the video. Gotta love the dancing at the end.
First of all, aren't these guys like 40 now? Second of all, what the heck happened to my first love, Jordan? He used to be sooooo much cuter!!! But then again, how 'bout that lil' Joey? Pretty dang hot if I don't say so myself.
This whole thing just brought back so many memories. I remember being completely obsessed with these guys. I knew every song and remember having every square inch of my bedroom walls covered in NKOTB posters. I thought I was on top of the world the time my mom took me and a few friends to their concert up in Portland. We had the worst seats in the world, but it was awesome.
They must be trying to capture that same audience again....good for them (I guess). If they can make fools out of themselves while making a few million bucks, I say go for it! Hang tough!

3 comments:

haley said...

Ha Ha! I heard that they are having a concert in Portland in November. Since I was a huge fan (Joey...Sigh)i thought it would be fun to go see them again. Then I heard that nose-bleed tickets will run you $150!! I laughed because I think that the stadium is going to be full of 30 year olds with strollers and baby Bjorn's! Oh well... It is fun to think back to the good ole days.

Haley

haley said...

Correction, I found cheaper tickets they are running from about $40-80. Yeah!! Maybe I will go!

Juli Ann Lindemann said...

I am totally going to the concert. My friend Shelley has a box full of posters and buttons. The weirdest thing is that my twelve year old niece loves them too. I think it will be a ton of thirty year olds screaming like fifteen year olds.