Sunday, December 14, 2008

OFFICIAL Christmas Newsletter

Okay, so I'm such a slacker this year! Normally I send out a Christmas Newsletter along with my Christmas cards, but this year I dreaded printing out, folding and stuffing well over 75 pieces of paper. So, I decided to post my newsletter here this year (although I'd be curious how many people actually read my silly blog entries).

This year has been an amazing year for our little family of 4. Griffin is no longer a baby and has blossomed into a rambunctious, yet sweet toddler. He's a spitting image of Ryan, both physically and emotionally. He's stubborn and mischievous, yet a big cuddly teddy bear at heart. He's lost much of his baby fat, only gaining a few pounds this year, but is super tall for his age and solid. His hands and feet are officially bigger than Morgan's....a true James. His vocabulary has really bloomed over the past couple months. He literally went from saying only a few words, to full-blown toddler talk over night. It's certainly bitter-sweet watching my baby growing so quickly!

Morgan is also growing up way too fast. She thinks she is 3 going on 13, and is 100% pure sass. But oh, what a great kid! She's super smart, funny as heck, and so kind. This year was the big potty training year for all of us. We finally got the task done, and as a reward we enrolled Morgan in a dance class. She is loving every minute of it. Morgan is into anything girly, princess, or fairy, so it's very fitting for her.

Ryan continues to work at Les Schwab. I believe this is going on his 9th year there. Although it's a great job, it very wearing on his body. And, believe it or not, he's actually brainstorming possible opportunities that he may pursue in the next couple years. His ideal situation would be to be his own boss. The wheels are starting to turn, and we wish he could follow through sooner rather than later, but as we all know it's not the best economy to be trying to start your own business. :)

As for me, a big wish came true this past year. I'm finally working from home! I have my own online marketing biz, and do contract work for a great company out of CA. The situation couldn't be better. It allows me to spend more time with the kids, which has been my priority since Morgan was born. I also enjoy being able to work in my jammies. Needless to say, I probably won't be going back to a corporate office job ever again. I'm too spoiled.

We hope that everyone has a great Christmas and New Year, and please stay in touch! We love to hear from family and friends from afar.
Love always,
Andrea, Ryan, Morgan & Griffin James

No comments: