Sunday, December 7, 2008

WhoooHooo, She Did It!

Yesterday (Saturday 12/6), Morgan had her first dance recital, held at the Festival of Trees at the Medford Armory. She did so great! I was very nervous about the whole thing. The last 2 weeks of dance class Morgan was very shy and didn't want to participate. Her exact words were, "I don't want to do dance class anymore...it's too cold and boring". I'm really not sure where that came from, all though come to think about it, perhaps she was nervous about the recital b/c she didn't know exactly what it was. All she knew was that something big was going to happen (typical Morgan).
Anyway, before we went to the Armory, I made a deal with her. I told her I would buy her a strawberry smoothie with whip cream on top, and a set of markers (which she has been asking for lately b/c all we have here at the house are crayons and those are "for babies"). That got her a little excited. Then once we got there, we went up front toward the stage and she was completely enthralled with the other dancers. When it came time for her to perform, she didn't even seem to care that there were literally hundreds of people in the audience. She got up there like a trooper and did her routine. She even threw in a few moves of her own. You'll see in the video that as all the girl's were lining up on stage Morgan held her arms in a circle in front of her, just like a ballerina would do. Two seconds before the end of the performance, Morgan looked down and realized her ribbon came undone, so she ran off the stage to find me (typical Morgan). I quickly tucked it back in her leotard and told her to go back out there to take her bow. After the performance Morgan was disappointed because she wanted to go back out there and do more. I think she got the "bug". Watch out Taylor Swift!
She did so great, and I was so proud of her. Talk about cuteness. Here's the video and some pictures. In case you can't tell, the songs they sang were, "I'm a Little Teapot", "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", and "Rudolph the Red Nose Raindeer":



























No comments: